Embedding an actual PowerPoint presentation, PDF data sheet or Word document on a page can be much more powerful than an ordinary download link. SlideShare makes this easy and free.
- Go to www.slideshare.com and click Sign up.
- Create account and fill out your necessary company information.
- Then you’re ready to upload and publish and bulk upload your files.
Presentations: PowerPoint - ppt, pps, pot, pptx, potx, ppsx; OpenOffice - odp, pdf; Apple Keynote - key, zip or pdf.
Documents & Spreadsheets: Microsoft Office - doc, docx, rtf, xls; OpenOffice - odt, ods, pdf; iWork Pages.
For anything else, saving as pdf usually works.
- Clicking on your account name in the top right corner will give you your account overview page.
- To include a presentation on your website, open one of your uploaded presentations and click Post to > WordPress
- Copy the code snippet that starts with <div style… and you’re ready to paste directly into a WordPress page or post via the HTML editor.
Feel free to send us a support request with the included code and any instructions and we’ll be more than happy to add it for you.