For those of you not familiar with this topic: a “citation” or “web reference” is a reference to your business on some other website. It is not necessarily a link and always contains your physical business address and/or local phone numbers.
Registering yourself at the local business listing directories help increasing your Local search engine rankings.
- Whitepages.com.au – Government, business and residential directory (sign up)
- Yellowpages.com.au – Business directory (sign up) – powers Google Maps, Whereis.com and 1234
- Hotfrog.com.au – Business directory (sign up)
- Truelocal.com.au – Business directory (sign up) – powers Yahoo! Local
- http://www.aussieweb.com.au/- (sign up)
- http://www.aussielocal.com.au- (sign up)
- http://www.truelocal.com.au- (sign up)
- http://au.local.yahoo.com/- (sign up via true local – this used to be via Yahoo directly)
- http://www.localbusinessguide.com.au/- (sign up)
- http://www.local.com.au/- (sign up; same as localdirect.com.au)
- http://www.raveaboutit.com.au/- (sign up)